Timothy F. Rogers, A.A.E
As Executive Director of the Salina Airport Authority since 1985, Tim Rogers, A.A.E. manages the successful and vibrant Salina Regional Airport and Salina Airport Industrial Center. Known as America's Fuel Stop, the Salina Regional Airport is a familiar cross-country refueling location for all aircraft types. Tim's leadership was instrumental in Virgin Atlantic Airways and Steve Fossett's selection of the Salina Regional Airport as mission control and the launch and landing site for the Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer's record setting, around-the-world flights.
The Salina Airport is home to 17 commercial aviation businesses that offer a wide array of products and services and provides more than 550,000 square feet of available hangar space adjacent to a 12,300-foot runway. Aviation and aerospace employers are supported by the Kansas State Polytechnic aviation program for workforce training & applied aviation research.
The Salina Airport Industrial Center is one of the nation's most progressive airport industrial parks. More than 100 businesses and organizations at the Salina Airport Industrial Center account for more than 6,450 total jobs. Employment at the Airport Industrial Center equals 17% of Saline County's total employment.
In March 2010, Tim was awarded the first-ever Patriot Medal "for providing immeasurable support to the Great Plains Joint Training Center and Kansas National Guard." Tim is currently a member of the Kansas Governor's Military Affairs Council, which has been charged with optimizing the military presence in Kansas, actively fostering close, effective cooperation among the installations and private and public sectors throughout the state, and pursuing initiatives to enhance the quality of life for all military personnel- active, veteran, and retired.
Tim was honored to receive the American Association of Executives Distinguished Service Award in March of 2012.The Distinguished Service Award is one of AAAE's highest levels of recognition. Men and women receive this award as a reflection of outstanding accomplishments in their professional and personal lives. Respected leaders of their own communities, these men and women also contribute to other aviation organizations, serve AAAE and its chapters and participate in civic and community affairs. DSA winners exemplify the best in airport management by continually bringing credit to the profession and the aviation community. All DSA winners are Accredited Airport Executives and exemplify the standards accreditation seeks to inspire, according to the AAAE website.
In October 2017, Tim was named to the Salina Business Hall of Fame for his contributions to the growth and development of the Salina Regional Airport and Airport Industrial Center. The award also recognized his community service.
Tim's professional and volunteer boards include:
- American Association of Airport Executives Contract Tower Association Policy Board, Past Chairman
- American Association of Airport Executives Board of Examiners, Past Board Member
- American Association of Airport Executives Non-hub/General Aviation Airports Committee, Past Chairman
- South Central Chapter of American Association of Airport Executives, Past President
- South Central Chapter of the American Association of Airport Executives, Regional Examiner
- Kansas Military Affairs Council, member
- Kansas Department of Transportation's Long Range Transportation Plan, Policy Advisory Committee
- Kansas Aviation Advisory Committee Past Chairman
- Team Kansas Board of Directors
- Kansas Association of Airport Board of Directors, Past President
- Kansas State University Salina, Dean's Advisory Council
- Kansas State University Salina, Adjunct Instructor- Airport Management
Non-profit and civic leadership
- University of Kansas Memorial Corp., Board of Directors and Past President
- Salina Area United Way, Past Campaign Chairman